04/05/12 03:50 Filed in: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
I had all of these symptoms. It is no wonder to me considering what I was forced to witness.
- muscle tension
- panic attack symptoms, such as; shortness of breath, pounding or rapid heart beat, tingling and numbing sensations, hot or cold flushes and terror in certain situations.
- fear of being away from home or from primary caretaker
- fear of something terrible happening to oneself or primary caretaker
- excessive and uncontrollable worry about many things, such as: the future, being on time for appointments, health, school performance, crime, change in routines, and family members.
- fear of being negatively evaluated, rejected, humiliated or embarrassed in front of others
- fear of giving oral reports, participating in gym class, starting or joining in conversations, eating in public places or talking to unfamiliar people
- avoidance of situations or things causing worry, such as; social gatherings, school or animals
- reluctance or resistance to sleeping alone
- crying, tantrums, clinging in situations where worried
- repetitive behaviors such as hand washing